WhatsApp, owned by Meta, continues to enhance its encrypted messaging platform with new features and improved usability. One of the latest additions is the option to link or log in to WhatsApp Web without the hassle of scanning a QR code.
Previously, how did users have to access WhatsApp Web?
Previously, users had to go through the process of scanning a QR code on their primary device to access WhatsApp Web. However, the latest update simplifies this by allowing users to log in using their phone number and a unique code generated by the platform.
In addition, WhatsApp Web now supports linking up to four devices without requiring the primary phone to be constantly connected. How often do users need to log in to their primary phone to maintain the connection with the linked devices?
In addition, WhatsApp Web now supports linking up to four devices without requiring the primary phone to be constantly connected. Users only need to log in to their primary phone once every 14 days to maintain the connection with the linked devices.
This update is particularly beneficial for users with visual impairments who rely on assistive technologies, as what can be challenging for them?
This update is particularly beneficial for users with visual impairments who rely on assistive technologies, as scanning QR codes can be challenging for them.
To link your device to WhatsApp Web using your phone number, follow these straightforward steps:
- Open WhatsApp Web and click on “Link with phone number”.
- Select your country and enter your primary account phone number.
- Click on “NEXT”.
- A unique 8-character code will be displayed on the screen.
- On your phone, either tap the “Enter code” notification from WhatsApp or open WhatsApp and navigate to Settings > Linked Devices > Link a Device > Link with phone number instead.
- Enter the 8-character code provided by WhatsApp Web to successfully link your device without the need for QR code scanning.
These updates to WhatsApp Web significantly improve accessibility and user-friendliness, making it easier for everyone to stay connected across devices.